Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL) offers high quality study programmes in the fields of engineering, business, education, health and social work.There are 5 campus spread across Western Norway.
With about 16,000 students, the new institution will be one of the largest higher education institutions in Norway. The new institution will offer a broad range of academic programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD levels.
Some of the courses are in English - most of them integrated in the regular study programmes for Norwegian students. They are aimed at exchange students from the many partner institutions around the world.
Number of Students:
HVL offers the following Master’s degree programmes taught in English:
- Master in Climate Change Management, Campus Sogndal
- Master in Software Engineering, Campus Bergen
- Master in Fire Safety, Campus Haugesund
HVL offers the following PhD programmes:
- Bildung and Pedagogical Practices
- Computer Science: Software Engineering, Sensor Networks and Engineering Computing
- PhD in Nautical Operations
In addition, the following PhD programmes are under development:
- PhD in Health and Social Sciences
- Innovation practices from a professional and societal perspective